Candidate Number

Candidate Number - 9424

Thursday 11 December 2014

Wicca or dark magic (witchcraft in popular media)


A Very British Witchcraft. from DJ Devil on Vimeo.

Although stating I wanted my video to mirror Wicca, I have now found, Wicca is more about connecting one self with the nature around them. Wicca ritual take place in woodland areas - all around nature.  Their rituals are to meditate and to reflect on what they have achieved in their lifetime.

Wicca, is not something to do with the popular belief of 'dark/black magic'.

This belief derrives from something else, so I will change my description to witchcraft, which is seen more as 'dark magic. This belief has been aided by the success of media such as 'The Witches', 'Hocus Pocus', 'Buffy' 'The Secret Circle', 'The Vampire Diaries' and the spin off of 'The Vampire Diaries' - 'The Originals'

No comments:

Post a Comment